One of Huawei’s iconic model lineup, the Nova series, is expected to arrive in the Philippine market in Q2. Based on our initial test, there are thirteen reasons why waiting for this model to come is worth considering. Here are some of the exciting features of the new Huawei Nova 8:
- Screen size is sleek and ergonomic because of the dual-curved edge display, or sometimes they call waterfall screen effect on both sides of the screen.
- It has 6.57 inches screen display with a punch-hole selfie camera on the top center
- Nova 8 is relatively lighter than other nova series that I used previously. It only weighs 169 grams
- Very smooth always-on display bubble animation effect once you double-tap the screen to wake-up
- Since this is OLED, there is no side or rear fingerprint scanner; it is equipped with an on-screen fingerprint scanner.
- The fingerprint scanner is fast, but maybe, just maybe, because of animation, it will take another 0.5 seconds or less before you get to the home screen
- Speaking of the screen display. This is OLED with 1 Billion colors and HDR10 equipped. The 90Hz screen refresh rate is also noticeable.
- Let’s go to the camera module at the back. You have the 64MP wide with a 1.9 F stop; it’s the one with a large sensor at the back. 8MP ultrawide, 2MP depth, and 2MP for macro, all the three secondary camera sensors have 2.4 f stop. With single LED Flash inside the camera module as well
- Let’s talk about the case built. It has a premium look back casing, with logo name at the bottom center, the famous NOVA logo, and Huawei brand text below. Matte finish and not so fingerprint magnet.
- On top, you will find the sim-card tray with a dual-sim card slot. However, in this unit, we have no memory card slot. Hmm, sayang
- At the bottom, you will find the Type-C charging port; besides that is your microphone and built-in speaker. No 3.5mm headphone jack, unfortunately
- The chipset used for Nova 8 5G is Kirin 985 5G with a 7-nanometer capacity. Octa-core with 2.4GHz CPU processing capacity and a Mali-G77 8 Core GPU
- The battery capacity is 3800 mAh. Fast charging is 66W; on paper, it says 60% complete in 15 minutes and 100% fully loaded in 35 minutes. Remember that this has an OLED display which means the percentage power consumption of the show can be significantly lower; it can also help save extra battery power. When you have an OLED, also expect less heat generation when playing games for an extended period.
This is a major upgrade in terms of design for the Nova series lineup. The dual-curved edge display is eye-catching, which gives an extra premium look; not so functional, but it feels good holding it in your hands; there are no rough edges. The simple smooth texture on the side and back is also a plus if you are not using a phone case. The next question is the price, for now, we don’t have the confirmed price but I will let you know once we have the details. We will be posting our First Impression video on our YT channel, stay tuned for that.
Stay safe and Healthy. Be nice to everyone.
Leave a Reply